Friday, August 28, 2015

For me, I believe it is essential to rely on more than one theory such as behaviorism, cognitive theory, and social learning theory.  Using more than one learning theory could be attributed to that learning is a comparatively constant change in persons’ mental processing, emotional performance, and/or conduct owing to experience.  Moreover, learners have varying bodies of knowledge and/or skills, thoughts, feelings, and attitudes.  Thus, there is no a single theory that can address all these factors that are influential in learning.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, while we each may have our favorite theory, teaching is flexible and fluent. The teaching should evolve and must change with the situation. Many times I've had to change a way of presenting a concept, to give students another way of looking at it, that makes sense to "them", and not just "me".

    ReplyDelete